**In phone call with Sec. Clinton, two leaders reiterate “exceptional ties” and partnership exemplified in last week’s Morocco-US Strategic Dialogue**
AllAfrica.com/AFP/MAP (Rabat, Morocco, Sept. 16, 2012) — HM King Mohammed VI offered his heartfelt condolences to the American people and administration following the appalling attack against the US chancellery in Benghazi which killed and injured many employees at the consulate, the Royal Cabinet said in a statement.
In a phone conversation, on Sunday, with US secretary of state Hillary R. Clinton, the sovereign also condemned the skeptic and unacceptable provocations undermining the sacred values of Islam, the same source added.
The Monarch and Clinton lauded the exceptional ties between the two countries and the prospects for their development in the future, mainly in the light of the strategic dialogue they decided to establish.
On this occasion, Clinton affirmed that this new qualitative stage in bilateral relations is part of the royal vision by the sovereign since his visit to Washington in 2000 upon the invitation of President William J. Clinton.
This vision was reinforced under President George W. Bush administration through many achievements, notably the signature of the free trade agreement in 2004, the designation of Morocco as a major non-NATO ally and the Millennium Account Challenge, it said.
This same vision, continuously shared and supported since 2009 by President Barack Obama, led to the launch this week in Washington of the first session of the Morocco-US strategic dialogue, which shows America’s unwavering will to strengthen, for many reasons, its bonds with the Kingdom in all areas, it noted.
Clinton commended the scope and pertinence of the major reforms under His Majesty the King since his enthronement politically, socio-economically and culturally.
The two parties also discussed the developments taking place in Egypt, Libya and Tunisia.